Heavy cream makes this chili smooth and rich. It also balances the heat from the peppers. Cooking with a crock-pot is great because you can throw all the ingredients into the pot before work and come home to a healthy meal.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans or navy beans (drained and rinsed with cold water)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with liquid
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped or grated
- 1 medium jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp sweet chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- garlic powder and ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 pound chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
- 1/4 cup organic heavy cream
- Combine beans, diced tomato, peppers, onion, garlic, and jalapeno, sweet chili powder, cumin, red pepper flakes, sea salt, basil, oregano, garlic powder, and ground pepper into a 5-1/2 quart crock-pot and stir.
- Add the chicken breast and place lid on crock pot.
- Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 8 to 10 hours. As the chicken breast cooks, it will fall apart. Before serving, break the remaining chicken breast into pieces with a wooden spoon.
- Add organic heavy cream, stir and serve.
- Calories: 521
- Fat: 13 g
- Carbs: 60 g
- Protein: 45 g